[Doc-SIG] Too many files!

Juergen Hermann Juergen Hermann" <jh@web.de
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:58:35 +0200

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:40:10 -0400 (EDT), Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

>  Does anyone mind if I remove any of these from future releases?
>Which ones?  The .tar.bz2 files are the best compressed, and there are
>reports that tools are available to handle these on Windows.  Would
>anyone object if I removed the .tgz and .zip archives?

I'd say we could at least remove the .tgz in favour of the .bz2 ones
(both are "unix formats"). bzip2 _IS_ available for Win32, but if
WinZip does not handle bz2, I'd say many users will be unable to handle =

it. [I do not use WinZip, so don't ask me if it supports bz2. :) ]

BTW, I just downloaded the M$ html help workshop and will give the .CHM =

format a try. You have better things to do. ;)

Bye, J=FCrgen