[Doc-SIG] Python Docs' Translation

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:22:12 -0400 (EDT)

Greg Ward writes:
 > would give you help in your native tongue.  ('doc()' was a proposed new
 > built-in that would do a bit more than ".__doc__" -- it would have to
 > fetch language-specific text, of course).  Obviously this is quite

  Gosh, I'm still falling behind!

 > different technically from translating the manuals, but everyone
 > interested in translating Python docs should be coordinating!  Probably
 > the doc-sig is the right place for that.

  Actually, there's a special list for translators; see the top of

	http://www.python.org/doc/NonEnglish.html

for more information.
  As for documentation sources, the best place to look currently is in
the Python CVS repository, in the module "python/dist/src/Doc".
  I *should* be able to catch up a little in a couple of days; I'll
try to answer further questions on this at that time.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member