[Doc-SIG] Python Docs' Translation

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:15:08 -0400

[Luca]
> I'm studing Python in my spare time and I think I can try to translate
> some docs from English to Italian, may be starting with the Library
> Reference and the very interesting Extending and Embedding stuff.

[Hernan Martinez Foffani]
> I'd suggest the Tutorial. (If it's not already translated.)
> It helps a lot to reach more people.

You might also get in touch with Martin von Loewis
<loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de>: he recently announced an intention to
translate docstrings in the standard library, with the intent that

>>> doc(os.path.isdir)

would give you help in your native tongue.  ('doc()' was a proposed new
built-in that would do a bit more than ".__doc__" -- it would have to
fetch language-specific text, of course).  Obviously this is quite
different technically from translating the manuals, but everyone
interested in translating Python docs should be coordinating!  Probably
the doc-sig is the right place for that.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@mems-exchange.org
MEMS Exchange / CNRI                           voice: +1-703-262-5376