[Doc-SIG] Re: SMTP?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 19:09:36 -0500 (EST)

Fredrik Lundh writes:
 > I once contributed a (IMHO) better example, which
 > 1) actually imported all modules that were used in
 > the example, 2) used more reasonable python con-
 > structs (raw_input instead of that prompt hack, etc),
 > and 3) showed how to add the basic headers to the
 > message body.
 >
 > as far as I can tell, only (1) made it into the docs...

  I don't recall the specific patch (though there have been patches to
that example), so I probably just missed it.  I've just checked in
some changes (based on your comments here) to the maintenance branch,
so the next version should be better.
  Sorry for not getting you patch integrated!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>