[Doc-SIG] Re: Docstrings [was: On David Ascher's Rant]

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba Manuel Gutierrez Algaba <irmina@ctv.es>
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:30:13 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, David Ascher wrote:
> Some reactions to this weekend's posts:
>
> 1) Manuel's proposal is interesting, but IMHO much broader in scope than
>    what I feel is needed and doable.  Indexing ideas is a
>    larger-than-encyclopedic endeavor, and I could but won't argue its
>    impracticality on statistical grounds alone.  Suffice it to say that I
>    agree with Manuel that people are lazy and that it won't work.

But, if we can do it, then that'll be great!!!

>    More positively, Manuel, do you agree that the kind of markup that I
>    advocate (a la POD/javadoc) is a subset of yours (in other words that
>    "Author" and "Argument 1" are 'trivial ideas', hence belong to the set
>    of ideas? And that if this 'minimal' markup is used, then you can use
>    the tags too along with the other, higher-level notions that you
>    propose?

That's not my original idea, but if we can handle indexes with
attributions, simple ideas when attributions, then yes!
The simplest syntax is just indexes, then indexes with attributes,
then indexes with complex attributes, then XML-ish stuff

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
 /SantisimaInquisicion/index.html

  If something has not yet gone wrong then it would ultimately have been beneficial for it to go wrong.