[Doc-SIG] On David Ascher's Rant

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba Manuel Gutierrez Algaba <irmina@ctv.es>
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:27:48 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999 uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com wrote:
> The way I see it, your key argument with Manuel's proposals would be that he
> plans to inflict TeX on Python authors.  I agree that that is a bad thing, and
> I also wouldn't want to inflict XML on Python Authors.  I don't think that's
> an alien sentiment here, but your rant makes it sound that way.

TeX is not TeEncontreX, TeX is something 100 billion times more
complex, TeEncontreX is just three things :
- definition of an index (newcommand )
- delimitation of the space which index(es) is used (\jiji \jaja)
- use of the indexes ( \indeslkjk)

If this is too complex , or if this is TeX, then I'm missing something
very BIG.

Anyway, I don't want to inflict anything to anybody. For me it's
enough to leave in the annals of python the documentation system
of the future. This system ( or something similar ) will succeed
sooner or later ( probably with somebody more powerful than me)
and I'm  more than happy to state here : "I was the first". This is
indexing but in a non-indexing way: massive and
inter-index-collaborative.

If I can make this clear enough, or anyone can clearly understand it
and want to spend the time, we'll get some years ahead the rest.
That's all. If not, well, pity!

Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
 /SantisimaInquisicion/index.html

  That, that is, is. That, that is not, is not. That, that is, is not that, that is not. That, that is not, is not that, that is.