[Doc-SIG] a wish list

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 13:25:33 +1100

James writes:
>   For whatever it's worth, I've outlined the ways I would like to
> use Python documentation in an ideal world. These items are listed
> from most important to least important. Maybe this will provide some
> hints about the best way to implement markup.

I cant argue with anything you have written - although what Python
needs (and this effort is no different) are less good ideas, and more
code.

Im afraid there is no army of coders just sitting around waiting for
good ideas to implement.  Why not tackle even one of your wishlist
yourself, and present some code?  Then any issues you have with the
current markup scheme are more likely to be listened to, as we then
have _something_ to help put it into context, rather than an abstract
concept about what is may happen to be good if anything is ever
implemented...

Mark.