[Doc-SIG] soundex module status?

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:23:52 -0400 (EDT)

Skip Montanaro writes:
 > What's its current status?  I'll be happy to whip up a simple latex file for
 > it if that saves its life.  If it's deemed unworthy of continued
 > module-hood, I propose it simply be moved into the Demo directory.

Skip,
  It's still obsolete.  There is a documentation file for it; if you
build documentation from the LaTeX sources, you can uncomment one line
in lib/lib.tex to restore it to the documentation.
  But it's just too obscure to be considered "standard".  It doesn't
appear to exactly match any description I've seen of the algorithm (it
produces more result than it should!).
  There's no reason to doubt it's module-hood; if someone tells Guido
they'll adopt it, I'm sure he'll consider it a welcome offering.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>