[Doc-SIG] soundex module status?

Sun, 27 Jun 1999 19:01:37 -0400 (EDT)

At one point Guido talked about obsoleting the soundex module.  I didn't see
it on the list of undocumented modules but also didn't see an "this module
is obsolete" comment in the code.

It's a very simple modules (defines two module methods, defines no objects,
makes no significant external calls).  I've been meaning to get around to
using it in Musi-Cal, but it's always been low enough priority that it's
never gotten done.  (As Don Beaudry says, "so much code, so little time".)

What's its current status?  I'll be happy to whip up a simple latex file for
it if that saves its life.  If it's deemed unworthy of continued
module-hood, I propose it simply be moved into the Demo directory.

Skip Montanaro	| http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com  | http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/
518-372-5583