[Doc-SIG] XML Conversion Update

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:49:11 -0400

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

>       My concern with DocBook is that the markup
>       may be a bit on the "heavy" side; I don't want the document
>       source to be so markup-heavy that I'm the only one to work on
>       them.

I think that we should use a variant of Docbook and use some SGML
minimizations supported by sgmllib (or that COULD be supported by
sgmllib). WE can trivially use sgmllib+sax to normalize minimized SGML
to XML.

>   3.  Create something entirely new and specific to Python.

How is this different from porting over what we have? Hasn't it evolved
to be pretty Python specific?

 Paul Prescod