[Doc-SIG] Missing documentation in os module?

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 14 May 1998 11:16:42 -0400 (EDT)

Kevin J. Butler writes:
 > Turns out, that section doesn't document these functions (or a bunch of
 > other functions in the os module).  I think it used to--or did I learn
 > about them somewhere else? Is there a problem in the conversion to HTML?
 >
 > Also, I knew to look in posixpath for path functions, but there wasn't a
 > reference to NT functionality that a novice could find...

Kevin,
  Sorry for the delay; I'm not ignoring your question!  General
swampage is getting in the way a little.  ;-(
  The posixpath module is the best reference for os.path at this time;
I don't recall any other reference material for this.  There might be
something in one of the books, however.
  Hopefully this material will be easier to locate in a future version
of the library reference, but I don't know quite what form it should
take yet.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.