[DOC-SIG] xmlproc

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
14 Mar 1998 17:33:48 +0100

I've now put out an early version of xmlproc. There are a couple of
obscure bugs and the well-formedness checking that requires parsing
the internal DTD subset is not implemented yet. Other than that it is
complete and I'm pretty pleased with it so far.

Hopefully I'll have full well-formedness checking tomorrow and most of
the validation on Monday. (I have the code for all this, but it needs
redesigning.)

Also: since no-one seems to have any complaints about the SAX
interface, perhaps we should start building tools on top of it?
Stephane, can you change your DOM package to build on SAX instead of
Dan Connolly's parser? That would give the SAX interface a real test
and would also mean that your package could be used with all Python
parsers.  (I've had a glance at your source, but will need to look
more closely before I can comment on it.)

And should we announce it on the xml-dev list so that the Java people
there know about it? I feel a bit uneasy about this, since so far only
Jack Jansen has commented on the interface and if it is to be of any
use everyone needs to support it.

--
"These are, as I began, cumbersome ways / to kill a man. Simpler, direct,
and much more neat / is to see that he is living somewhere in the middle /

 http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~larsga/      http://birk105.studby.uio.no/