[DOC-SIG] More saxlib

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
13 Mar 1998 22:38:14 +0100

I've now updated saxlib with

 - a driver for David Scheres parser
 - a demo SAX application for parser benchmarking
 - saxdemo.py can now output canonical XML as well, which is nice for
   comparing parser output with James Clarks XP for testing.
 - some other minor changes

The web page has also been updated with some links to the different
packages that have been announced and a page with benchmark results.

The URL is still
<URL:http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~larsga/download/python/xml/>

BTW: I've looked at the xmltok package and from the Python demo it
     looks nice and simple. However, to be able to make and test a
     driver I'll have to find out how to load C modules into Python
     and to be frank I haven't a clue as to how I to do that.
     So since there is so much else to do I'm putting the SAX driver
     on hold. If someone else can pick it up, that would be nice. If
     not I'll get round to it myself eventually.

     And as I'll have to start using the C module eventually: pointers
     to clues on how to do it would be appreciated. :)

--
"These are, as I began, cumbersome ways / to kill a man. Simpler, direct,
and much more neat / is to see that he is living somewhere in the middle /

 http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~larsga/      http://birk105.studby.uio.no/