[Doc-SIG] pythondoc comments

Daniel Larsson Daniel.Larsson@vasteras.mail.telia.com
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 18:05:40 +0200

> I just had a look at pythondoc 0.1 and liked what I saw. I
> noticed that it could output XML, which raises an interesting
> question:

Thanks!

> - do you think gendoc should generate output in lots of different
>   formats, or do you think DSSSL style sheets should be supplied
>   with pythondoc instead? (That would enable RTF, TeX and MIFF
>   conversion with Jade, and even browsing with HyBrick.)

That makes a lot of sense to me, yes. I haven't fiddled with DSSSL
yet, but I meant to... (time, time).

> Also, something about the XML puzzled me:
>
>  - all "objects" (methods, classes, variables etc) in the XML file
>    have an attribute "id" and a child element "name" (or was it
>    "title"?). What are the respective purposes of these two?

Hmm, yes... That's "historic" reasons... :-). First, the XML output
is really the internal tree printed. I added the "id" attribute
later to be able to search in the tree, and I never got around to
remove the "name" element. It will go away.

Thanks for the comments, Lars M.

/Daniel