[Doc-SIG] pythondoc comments

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 13:35:46 +0200

(This was posted quite a while ago, but never appeared on the list
because I sent it to doc-sig-admin by mistake and didn't discover
it before now.)

I just had a look at pythondoc 0.1 and liked what I saw. I
noticed that it could output XML, which raises an interesting
question:

 - do you think gendoc should generate output in lots of different
   formats, or do you think DSSSL style sheets should be supplied
   with pythondoc instead? (That would enable RTF, TeX and MIFF
   conversion with Jade, and even browsing with HyBrick.)

Also, something about the XML puzzled me:

 - all "objects" (methods, classes, variables etc) in the XML file
   have an attribute "id" and a child element "name" (or was it
   "title"?). What are the respective purposes of these two?

--Lars M.