[PYTHON DOC-SIG] Needed Python docs in RTF format

Guido van Rossum guido@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Sun, 02 Mar 1997 21:41:06 -0500

> FYI, the standard Python docs are available in HTML and other formats
> via:
>
> 	http://www.python.org/ftp/python/doc/
>
> As for grabbing web sites, I think someone (Guido?) once posted a
> "robot" script.  Could be an idea to check the locator:
>
> 	http://www.python.org/locator

I recently posted a "webchecker" script which is not quite a web
grabber.  It is also on ftp.python.org in /pub/tmp (until I find a
better place for it).  It should be straightforward to turn this into
a grabber.

Much longer ago I posted a "robot" thingie for the same purpose that
is better forgotten.  I believe I saw a post from someone else who had
turned it into a grabber, recently.