[PYTHON DOC-SIG] New ni style example.

Fred L. Drake fdrake@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 00:01:16 -0500 (EST)

Mark Hammond wrote:
> And another Microsoft-centric rant, which I'd like to pass by you
> all.  Microsoft is moving its entire help system to HTML!!!  It is
> doing this in 2 ways:
> * By adding special keyword and indexing tags to the HTML standard,
> and submitting them for approval.  Apparently, the relevant body
> modified it, renamed it, and ratified it.
> * By designing yet another something-or-other which allows many HTML
> files to be concatenated into some sort of container, including I
> think compression.  They will then submit this to whoever does this

Mark,
  I'd like to know where to find more specific information on the
proposals; are they public in any way?  It sounds like a bad idea to
me, primarily because HTML just isn't strong enough for this kind of
thing.  The HTML version should be generated from a more appropriate
format.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.