[PYTHON DOC-SIG] contributing documentation

Sue Williams sbw@provis.com
Tue, 10 Jun 97 11:37:05 CDT

I hate to ask Questions With Answers Already Published In Some Obvious
Place, but after spending a couple minutes looking I can't find it.

Even prior to the cmath thread on the main list, I have noticed calls
for contributions of documentation, and have thought that this is one
area where I might be able to help out.  [However, I looked at the list
of undocumented modules and discovered that the only one I have used
is commands.py!  But, we use it quite a bit and I would be happy to
document it.]

Is there an example of a properly documented module to work from?  I would
not like to produce some stuff only to find out that it is not in the
preferred format.  I assume we're talking about doc strings, internal
documentation, and something suitable for the Library Reference?
Also, I'm not a LaTex user, is that going to be a problem?  I see docs
posted with /cstuff{} in them that does not look familiar...
(Again, perhaps having a template would be sufficient...)

Sorry I'm not being more self-starting, but if there's an example
lying around it just makes it easier to steal cycles from my real job
to help out...

Sue