[Distutils] RFC: PEP 541 - Package Index Name Retention

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Jan 16 17:10:58 EST 2017

So, this proposition didn't really make sense to me. Folk like Linux
distros will want the source, and you don't need to upload wheels :-
setup.py could quite reasonably limit itself to software installation, vs
configuration. Plenty of pip installable packages are not entirely ready to
use after pip installation.

-Rob