[Distutils] PEP 503 - Simple Repository API

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 02:43:27 CEST 2015

On 8 September 2015 at 03:05, Wes Turner <wes.turner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 5, 2015 11:12 AM, "Donald Stufft" <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
>> > This could later be extended to more meta data, such as platform
>> > tags, distribution file types, license info, mirror locations,
>> > documentation, help strings, etc.
>
> RDFa and JSON-LD would make this graph constraint solution solving possible.

Wes, we know you like these technologies, and want to see us use them
- you don't need to bring them up every time we mention a graphing
problem. They're great candidates to consider integrating into the
metadata 2.0 design, as long as the dependencies for processing them
at runtime aren't too heavy.

However, they're not even *remotely* on the radar for problem solving
within the metadata 1.x framework, and there are still a lot of
problems we can resolve within that structure that will help inform
the metadata 2.0 design.

Regards,
Nick.