[Distutils] Making pip and PyPI work with conda packages

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Wed May 20 19:13:13 CEST 2015

> The package includes its build recipe in info/recipe
>>

> very cool -- I hadn't seen that -- I'll go take a look at some packages
> and see what I can find.

Darn -- the recipe is not there in most (all?) of the packages that came
from Anaconda -- probably due to the legacy issues David referred to.

And since a conda package is "just" a tar archive, you can presumably build
them in other ways than a conda build recipe.

By the way -- libxml is one example of one without a recipe...

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov