[Distutils] Q about best practices now (or near future)

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 09:20:58 CEST 2013

On 17 July 2013 23:18, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> As of right now the User's Guide doesn't mention using setuptools for
> building (beyond an empty header listing) and goes with the old distutils
> setup.py approach. It also words things like you don't know how to really
> use Python and are starting a project entirely from scratch.

Just picking up on this question:
1. As Brett says, is the recommendation that everyone should use setuptools?
2. If that's the case, why aren't we bundling setuptools in the same way
that we are bundling pip?
3. If we were bundling setuptools, pip wouldn't need to go through the
rigmarole of vendoring it.

Paul.