[Distutils] total uninstall of setuptool on MacOS X by consequence of manual install

Arturo Rinaldi arty.net2 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 02:55:05 CEST 2012

Nella citazione in data Wed May 16 02:35:59 2012, Ned Deily ha scritto:
> In article<4FB2E02F.2070602 at gmail.com>,
>   Arturo Rinaldi<arty.net2 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> can i remove /setuptools.pth and //setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg /too ?
>> I'd like also to perform a total clean uninstallation so i searched in
>> my HD and i found that i still have the files :
>>
>> *//usr/bin/easy_install
>> /usr/bin/easy_install-2.5
>> /usr/bin/easy_install-2.6
>> /usr/bin/easy_install-2.7 /*
>>
>> and the following directories (i attach the output in a text file). I
>> also installed python-numpy through it and then uninstalled the package
>> itself in the standard way.
>>
>> Which directories and files can i delete without harming my system (so i
>> can totally switch to macports) ? Thx in advance.
>
> Those easy_installs are shipped by Apple as part of OS X and they apply
> to the Apple-supplied system Pythons.  You should not attempt to remove
> them.  If you are installing a MacPort Python, you need to install the
> corresponding MacPorts easy_install port, currently provided by
> pyxx-distribute and ensure you are using it instead of one of the system
> ones (and assuming MacPorts doesn't already provide a port of the
> third-party Python package you want to use).  A very simplified example
> of what you'd need for the a default install of the latest MacPorts
> Python 2.7:
>
> $ sudo /opt/local/bin/port selfupdate
> $ sudo /opt/local/bin/port install py27-distribute
> $ sudo /opt/local/bin/port select --set python python27
> $ export
> PATH=/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:
> /opt/local/bin:$PATH
> $ which easy_install-2.7
> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/easy_
> install-2.7

I finally see ! So these were my last steps :

$ sudo sh setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg
$ sudo easy_install -m setuptools

sudo rm /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/setuptools.pth
sudo rm /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg
sudo rm /usr/local/bin/easy_install
sudo rm /usr/local/bin/easy_install-2.7

in a few words, I removed all the stuff installed in the first step
(and that apperead in the stdout)....is it all right now ? In the
future i will only use the python-packages built with macports (i.e.
py27-numpy). I asked help because I was very confused with all that
stuff....thx very much for replying me so soon.