[Distutils] 3.3 / packaging - support for Windows installation locations

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 19 00:16:24 CEST 2011

Éric Araujo <merwok <at> netwok.org> writes:

> I could make a new landing page on the Python to explain the status of
> distutils2, summarize future directions, tell where to find the docs,
> link to the existing pages like
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/Distutils/Contributing and
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/Distutils/FixingBugs .  Do you think that
> would be better?

I think so - when things are in a state of flux and lots of ideas are being
discussed, once they have coalesced into a broad consensus, it's useful to be
able to see what that consensus is with open issues pointed out, separated from
discussions that perhaps went nowhere. That would make both contributions
themselves easier, and also allow people working on related areas to take
advantage of a better roadmap.

Thanks for the helpful summary.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip