[Distutils] setuptools passing arguments/settings to dependencies' dependencies

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri May 7 21:26:24 CEST 2010

At 11:44 AM 5/7/2010 -0700, Kent wrote:

> > > The next thing I would do is verify that the config file is
> actually being read, by setting the DISTUTILS_DEBUG environment
> variable to "yes", and then running "easy_install -v ." and
> observing the output.
>
>I've pasted the output here: http://pastebin.com/1it5XPAL
>
>Hopefully you can make sense of the output.

Yep.  The issue isn't with installation-time dependencies, it's
build-time dependencies -- that's why I was confused.

There was a change to how build-time dependencies are handled,
specifically intended to fix a different issue with Paste,
PasteScript, and PasteDeploy's dependencies on each other.

My guess is that if you put eggs for those three packages in your
third-party directory, the problem (or at least the problem with
those three) would go away.

However, I'll see if there's a way for "child" easy_install runs (as
used for build-time dependencies) to inherit the parent's settings
for things like --find-links, --index-url, and --allow-hosts (but not
options that would interfere with the child install's options.