[Distutils] PEP 386 status - last round here ?

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Nov 24 11:34:17 CET 2009

Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> This behavior will not be affected.

Ok.

> Although, I havn't looked at gcc, ld and dllwrap version schemes yet.
>
> If they are compatible with RationalVersion these functions will use it.
>
> If not, I will probably keep something similar to LooseVersion, but
> dedicated to this usage.
> So maybe renamed accordingly so they are specific to gcc/ld/dllwrap schemes

In that case, maybe LooseVersion could be redefined to something which
does not do anything for cygwin case. The current behavior often breaks
cygwin builds because LooseVersion is not capable of parsing upstream
versions, and I don't really understand the rationale for checking the
version in the first place.

thanks,

David