[Distutils] PEP 386 status - last round here ?

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 11:21:14 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:50 AM, David Cournapeau
<david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Hi Tarek,
>
> Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>> Anyone see any problem ? or have any concern with this PEP ?
>>

> Just a question: will it affect how version are checked for tools  (e.g.
> get_versions in distutils/cygwinccompiler.py) ?

This behavior will not be affected.

Although, I havn't looked at gcc, ld and dllwrap version schemes yet.

If they are compatible with RationalVersion these functions will use it.

If not, I will probably keep something similar to LooseVersion, but
dedicated to this usage.
So maybe renamed accordingly so they are specific to gcc/ld/dllwrap schemes

Tarek

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org | オープンソースはすごい! | 开源传万世,因有你参与