[Distutils] Fwd: installing lxml ? - todays user experience from python-list at python.org

Floris Bruynooghe floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 16:31:17 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 02:10:59PM +0000, Maurits van Rees wrote:
> David Lyon, on 2009-11-11:
> > $ sudo STATIC_DEPS=true /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/
> > 2.6/bin/easy_install lxml
> > Password:
> > sudo: STATIC_DEPS=true: command not found
>
> On linux 'true' is a command:

That's not the issue.  The point of STATIC_DEPS=true is to set an
environment variable in the environment that easy_install is running
in.  So the problem here is not knowing how to invoke sudo (something
like "ENV=val sudo -E cmd" would do the job on top of my head, not
sure though - just "sudo -i" and then you have a normal root shell
though).

But that doesn't seem to be the point of this email here.  If you want
to help out with that you should probably find the thread on
python-list and participate there.

Regards
Floris