[Distutils] "Python Package Management Sucks"

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Sep 25 16:13:26 CEST 2008

Matthias Klose wrote:
> Your paper gives a nice overview of the shortcomings of each of the
> build/distribution systems. From an (os) distributors point of view I
> would add som things (also posted in [1]). [snip]

I think it would be worthwhile to have one location to put those
requirements. IMHO, taking into account OS packagers (Linux and other)
in the development of a package tool for python is essential.

Tarek, what is the best place to put this ? Somewhere on launchpad ? Or
somewhere else ?

cheers,

David