[Distutils] setuptools.pth being installed with wrong permissions

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 20 00:06:06 CEST 2005

Hi,

I was installing setuptools on another machine so I could use the
egg-based plugin support in the upcoming Trac 0.9
(projects.edgewall.com/trac).  It's looking really neat - you'll be
able to upload an egg via the Web and have it installed into the
currently active Trac, or just drop an egg into a directory.

Previously I had no version of setuptools installed on this machine,
so I downloaded ez_setup.py and ran it.  It didn't work the first
time, because setuptools.pth got installed with the wrong permissions
(my umask is 077).  The egg itself had the correct permissions,
however.

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>