[Distutils] Mac OS 9

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Tue May 20 11:24:20 2003

In article <76B81E12-8AC0-11D7-805D-0030655234CE@cwi.nl>, Jack Jansen
<Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl> writes

>On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 20:46 Europe/Amsterdam, Robin Becker
>wrote:
>
>> anyone had any success with distutils on MAc OS 9? I'm using macpython
>> 2.2.2 with code warrior 8.02 and am not getting past the mcp build
>> stage.
>
>There could be bugs in the support for CodeWarrior 8, as MacPython is
>built with CodeWarrior 7 and the project templates that distutils uses
>(through the mkcwproject package, look in :Mac:Lib:mwcwproject) are
>also for CW7.
>
>What do you mean by "not getting past the build stage"? Do you get
>errors, or do things simply stop? And when the machine locks up, can
>you get it going again with command-.?

In Mac OS 9 at least once the machine locked and the python instances
was unkillable. Interestingly after the reboot we tried again and
although the build didn't continue we at least got a built .mcp which
was where the distutils build broke down.

>There is a problem with distutils when running MacPython 2.2.2 on OSX:
>it can't find one of its include directories. Thre's an SF bug report
>filed for this (740424).

we're just trying out OS X now. Someone tells me I can use GCC derived
tools and expertise :)

--
Robin Becker