[Distutils] Mac OS 9

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue May 20 08:41:01 2003

On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 20:46 Europe/Amsterdam, Robin Becker
wrote:

> anyone had any success with distutils on MAc OS 9? I'm using macpython
> 2.2.2 with code warrior 8.02 and am not getting past the mcp build
> stage.

There could be bugs in the support for CodeWarrior 8, as MacPython is
built with CodeWarrior 7 and the project templates that distutils uses
(through the mkcwproject package, look in :Mac:Lib:mwcwproject) are
also for CW7.

What do you mean by "not getting past the build stage"? Do you get
errors, or do things simply stop? And when the machine locks up, can
you get it going again with command-.?

There is a problem with distutils when running MacPython 2.2.2 on OSX:
it can't find one of its include directories. Thre's an SF bug report
filed for this (740424).
Goldman