[Distutils] borland compiler

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Sat Sep 30 17:09:01 2000

On 28 September 2000, Thomas Heller said:
> > No, bcpp contains an utility to convert OMF to COFF,
> > so you should be able to generate a valid library.
> >
> As borland compiler user you are required to read the source,
> since it isn't mentioned anywhere else:

Thanks for pointing this out.  I've just added a skeletal section to the
"Installing Python Modules" manual called "Building Extensions: Tips and
Tricks".  This is where these sort of questions should be answered; feel
free to mail me suggestions, patches to the doc, etc.  I'll write
something up for the non-Microsoft compilers, but I'll need to help to
test and fact-check what I write!

        Greg