[Distutils] Builtin modules as external pyds

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 12:10:32 +1000 (GMT+1000)

Hi,

I'm in the middle of testing zmake and have run into an interesting
problem.  I assume that the problem is not with my code... but who knows
;).  Compiler plugin is MSVC on windows 95.

I'm compiling a super-small python lib with most modules external (such as
array etc) so that I can pick'n'choose the python size.  I have two zmake
rules:	Python-lib-modules-static and Python-lib-modules-dynamic.  If you
add the setup rule (ie array) to the first it is bound into the pythonlib
without
problems (adds it to config.c etc etc).  If I add array to
Python-lib-modules-dynamic it compiles but the link fails because:

	Unresolved external symbol _PyExc_ValueError...

However, if I add the Zope Extensions to the python-lib-modules-dynamic
rule then they compile and link fine.  They of cause have plenty of
references to PyExc_ValueError.  The generated pythonlib (ex array etc)
works fine with a pre-compiled python binary.

I note in the Setup.in in Modules array is underneath a commented out
*shared*.  My question is: can array and friends be compiled as pyd's or
do I have to add some Windows magic to them to get it to work?

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder