[Distutils] MSVC, ming and cygwin plugins

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 15:54:42 +1000 (GMT+1000)

Hi,

If you want some code for MSVC, ming and cygwin try:

	http://www.zope.org:1800/Members/NoneToBe/Zwin

This contains a copy of Zmake which has rules for building python, the
python library, a python console, extensions in Setup files, extensions in
unix makefiles (simple ones only) and extensions in dsw (yes, it imports
MSVC 6.0+ project files to zmake format!).  It is also integreted with
Gorden's freezing system.  Simply "make" all the scripts you want to
freeze and the system does the rest.  Frozen scripts are placed in MPZ at
the toplevel directory.

It is supposed to work with the listed compilers but since I use VC only
they may be broken.  Next week I'll put up a new release with some
documentation and a revamped python library builder.  The new one
generates a correct config.c based on which modules you want in the
library.  It has a SuperFreeze option where you point it to a directory
containing a bunch of Setup files and a start script.  It will then freeze
everything - scripts, extensions, python library and a console into the
one binary ;)

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder