[DB-SIG] paramstyles, again (and now voting)

Carsten Haese carsten at uniqsys.com
Mon Jun 4 19:24:39 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 12:13 -0500, Carl Karsten wrote:
> Hmm, default style brings up a new issue:
> If there will be more than one style, should there be a common
default?

No, the default will be implementation-defined for backwards
compatibility. There will be a common way of switching to the common
mandatory paramstyle.

> > might want to convey which paramstyles the module can accept. I see
two

> > * Invent a new module attribute called paramstyles that is a list or
set
> > of supported paramstyles.
> > * Simply raise ValueError if the programmer requests an unsupported
> > parameter style.
>
> I kinda think it been decided that the set of styles will be required
of all
> modules.  But given that it was never voted on, add it to the ballot.

I think we're more leaning towards making only one common style
mandatory, and allowing other styles as optional extensions.

--
Carsten Haese
http://informixdb.sourceforge.net