[DB-SIG] DCOracle on HP-UX 11.00 using Oracle 8.1.5

Jēkabs Andrušaitis j.andrusaitis@konts.lv
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:52:37 +0300

Has anyone successfully used DCOracle module on HP-UX 11.00 with Oracle
8.1.5?
I managed to compile it statically into Python and stangely it actually
worked (at least I was able to fetch some rows:).

I am worried about size of the statically linked Python executable - it is
around 7Mb (after stripping).

Another thing I really need is - ability to use DCOracle with oracle
connection established by
embedded SQL, as I am embedding Python into C code, which uses embedded SQL
to connect.
Previously I was using OLD version of DCOracle, and as far I remeber, I
wrote code to use
embedded SQL connect myself. Maybe someone has implemented such feature into
current
release of DCOracle?

Jekabs Andrušaitis
Sistemu analitikis