[Cython] New hosting

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 22:59:11 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
> Robert Bradshaw schrieb am 27.04.2015 um 20:15:
>> We also have travis.ci,
>> which isn't as configurable as jenkins, but may be good enough. (The
>> biggest deficiency is that it probably wouldn't allow for building and
>> testing Sage regularly, or benchmarks, this is the one thing that we
>> may need to find/provide custom hosting for.)
>
> ... and it won't easily allow us to track the CPython development branches
> and build against them. A really neat feature of our Jenkins server was
> that it could nicely store away pre-built artefacts for later reuse on the
> same machine, such as a series of CPython branch builds, and just happily
> rebuilt them regularly on external changes. That totally helped spotting
> integration problems as early as possible, including bugs on both sides.

Some of us use scikit-learn's rackspace account for that.  I'm sure if
you ask Olivier Grisel nicely, from scikit-learn - he'd let you use it
too.

We use travic-ci encrypted tokens to push artefacts like wheels up to
the rackspace CDN, and then pull them down again for testing.

Can point you to relevant stuff if you are interested...

Cheers,

Matthew