[Cython] Cython 0.17 final released

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun Sep 2 08:49:25 CEST 2012

Robert Bradshaw, 02.09.2012 06:05:
> Is there a plan to announce more broadly? (E.g. python-announce, if
> you haven't already (moderation adds a bit of latency).)

I had already sent it to the python-announce list and also made an
announcement on c.l.py now. :)

> I know this was brought up a couple of months ago, but we seem to be
> falling into a pattern of thinking about doing a bugfix release, then
> saying a full release is around the corner anyways, and then not
> actually getting it out for quite a while. I propose we start an
> actual bugfix branch from which we can cut minor releases at (nearly)
> any time, and certainly with much less hassle. Thoughts?

+1, I'll push the master into the release branch and update the master
version to 0.18a0.

Regarding 0.18, I won't be able to review any of Mark's changes in his
array expressions branch, but I take it that Dag did, so I assume that they
should go in right next (after a necessary rebase and maybe some
adaptations for the external minivect) and then get consolidated there (if
necessary). Looks like they'll make the first big feature for the next
release (which in turn makes Mark the perfect "volunteer" for the next
release manager ;) ).