[Cython] [cython-users] Cython 0.17 final released

Robert Bradshaw robertwb at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 06:05:18 CEST 2012

I'm assuming cython-devel is a proper subset of cython-users, but just
wanted to say hooray and thanks for all the work that wen into this
release (both new development and pushing the actual release to
completion).

Is there a plan to announce more broadly? (E.g. python-announce, if
you haven't already (moderation adds a bit of latency).)

I know this was brought up a couple of months ago, but we seem to be
falling into a pattern of thinking about doing a bugfix release, then
saying a full release is around the corner anyways, and then not
actually getting it out for quite a while. I propose we start an
actual bugfix branch from which we can cut minor releases at (nearly)
any time, and certainly with much less hassle. Thoughts?

- Robert