[Cython] [cython] Openmp (#30)

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Fri May 27 15:54:47 CEST 2011

[regarding the code for analysing uninitialised variables in the OpenMP branch]

dagss, 27.05.2011 10:32:
> I suggest this:
>
> a) Vitja and Stefan notifies Mark of any issues that stops control flow
> analysis from going into trunk (outright collisions etc.). Those have
> prioritiy over fused types work etc (although I guess Mark don't have
> much GSoC time the next month).
>
> b) Come July, when control flow analysis is presumably in master, Mark
> takes a pass and removes any duplicated logic.
>
> Thoughts?

I don't think there are any collisions, it's just that Vitja is currently
removing the old visitor based attempts of doing variable initialisation
analysis. Getting yet another one in while getting rid of the old ones is a
rather unnecessary duplication of effort.

I suggest we rebase Vitja's branch when the current test issues are solved,
then we'll see if there are any issues with the parallel looping code. I'm
in favour of merging the control flow branch ASAP, simply because it's such
a great feature.

I already disabled two tests in Mark's code that relied on uninitialised
variables being None. There are likely others (way older ones) that were
written with such misfeatures in mind.