[Cython] nonecheck directive

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun May 22 07:14:49 CEST 2011

Dag Sverre Seljebotn, 21.05.2011 09:07:
> On 05/21/2011 07:57 AM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>> In the future, I think we should be more careful with potentially
>> harmful options, and always prefer safety over speed - *especially* when
>> we know that the safe way will improve at some point.
>
> There wasn't a point where anybody wasn't careful about this;

Sorry if I sounded offensive. It just felt too wrong from today's POV
(which, I hope, is properly reflected by my paragraph above).

> it is simply
> something that was inherited from Pyrex. The nonecheck directive came much
> later.

Well, it wouldn't have been the first time we change the default behaviour
from the way Pyrex originally worked to something we deem more correct.
Looks like we missed that opportunity back then.

I think Vitja's "uninitialised" branch is our way out of this.