[C++-sig] boost/python tutorial

Joel de Guzman joel at boost-consulting.com
Mon Nov 26 07:19:07 CET 2007

Nguyen Xuan Son wrote:
> hi Joel
> 1/ I have the lasted version of boost/trunk, have it build with
> "install" parameter correctly.
> 2/ I did follow the instruction and check the content of all file in
> \bin\hello.test which show that test are all passed.
> 3/ but I can not load the extension from Python command line.
>
> I am stuck at point 3. Maybe I am low these days:)
> Son

You can find the paths to the DLL and the module from the bjam
command line output. In the tutorial:

  And so on... Finally:

     Creating library path-to-boost_python.dll
        Creating library path-to-'''hello_ext'''.exp
     **passed** ... hello.test
     ...updated 35 targets...

You can simply grab those and place them in your Python command line
path. Or.. you can also do:

      bjam -n (or -d+2)

and copy the python invocation, with the part that sets env vars before
it. and directly run the same command.

HTH.

Regards,
--