[C++-sig] Boost.Python and Threads

Drumheller, Michael michael.drumheller at boeing.com
Mon Oct 16 06:54:45 CEST 2006

I am interested in whatever workarounds/patches might exist for
releasing/acquiring
the GIL from Boost.Python-based C++ extensions.  The FAQ
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/v2/faq.html#threadsupport
says this is basically not supported, but mentions a patch on C++-sig.
Is the following
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/c++-sig/2003-July/004791.html
the patch being referred to?

It would be great if I could find out whether the author of that patch
(Vladimir
Vukicevic), or anyone else, is still using it and still believes that it
works, or, if
not, are there any other similar patches out there that one should try?

Thank you.

Michael Drumheller
Boeing Phantom Works
Mathematics and Engineering Analysis
425.373.2703 michael.drumheller at boeing.com
This email may contain proprietary information.  If you are not the
intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender that you
received it in error.