[C++-sig] ImportError

Etienne Lachance etienne.lachance at polymtl.ca
Tue Feb 28 14:57:17 CET 2006

Hi All,

I'm not an expert with dynamic/static library, but I think I found my problem. I
have a static library (libgailGA.a), which contain the implementation of some
classes. The python wrapper classes are in the library libpygailGA.so.
libpygailGA.so depends on libboost_python.so (boost python library) and on
libgailGA.a. I don't think it's logic to make a dependency between a dynamic
library and a static library (don't know the exact reason for now!).

Solution:

I created a dynamic version of libgailGA.a, libgailGA.so. Now my wrapper library
has dependencies on libgailGA.so and libboost_python.so. When doing this
everything is working correctly!!!

Thanks for you support.

Etienne