[C++-sig] Patches and complete pyste replacement prototype for pyplusplus

Allen Bierbaum abierbaum at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 16:22:50 CET 2006

On 2/25/06, Roman Yakovenko <roman.yakovenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Allen and Matthias many thanks to you for your work. Meanwhile I have been
> working on my own version. I still a little bit busy, I will review
> every version and I promise to
> take the best parts from all 3 proposals. It will take some time.

Would you and Matthias be interested in collaborating on the review
and "taking the best parts" from the 3 proprosals?  For example I
could volunteer the wiki that I have been using a a place to
collaborate on a unified API description.

I read through Matthias's reply to my posting and have gotten a much
better understanding of where our efforts differ.  I like many of
Matthias's ideas and I would like to integrate some of them into the
API I have been using for my bindings.  There are a few things I have
questions about, but that is exactly what the collaboration could help
to iron out.

Let me know if you are interested.

On a related topic: Roman, what did you think of the patches to
pygccxml/pyplusplus?  If we were able to work through getting some of
those things accepted I think it would enable many variations on the
public API since they could all use the same features on the backend
to interface with pyplusplus.

-Allen

-Allen