[C++-sig] Boost function call error

Dirgesh Patel dirgesh.patel at hp.com
Wed Aug 17 18:33:12 CEST 2005

I have made a .cpp file with boost_python_module inside it and a function
call. which looks a little like this:

    def("copy", copy, imageMorph_copy()
[return_value_policy<manage_new_object>()] );

with a overloading operator which looks a little like this:

BOOST_PYTHON_FUNCTION_OVERLOADS(imageMorph_copy, copy, 1, 7)

the overloader is correct in terms of syntax because i have other functions
i am using in same syntax and it works..just fails on this one.

here is the error i get:

../python/imageMorph_boost.cpp: In function `void init_module_imageMorph()':
../python/imageMorph_boost.cpp:107: error: no matching function for call to
`def(const char[5], <unknown type>,
boost::python::detail::overloads_proxy<boost::python::return_value_policy<boost::python::manage_new_object,
boost::python::default_call_policies>, imageMorph_copy>)'

Any suggestions? i have tried to update my GCC to the latest and greatest.

Thanks