[C++-sig] How to wrap protected virtual methods

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Sun Aug 7 14:57:09 CEST 2005

Eric Jardim <ericjardim at gmail.com> writes:

> // and do
> .def("mousePressEvent", &QWidget::mousePressEvent,
> &QWidget_Wrapper::default_mousePressEvent)
>
> // instead of
> .def("mousePressEvent", &QWidget_Wrapper::default_mousePressEvent)
>
> So, solved another issue. But I think this should be noticed on some place
> of the docs or the tutorial itself.

I honestly don't think this is a problem that anyone else has.  It
probably doesn't make sense to document mistakes like passing the
wrong arguments to a function until it becomes a common occurrence.
After all, there are so many functions other than "def" that you could
make that mistake with!

www.boost-consulting.com