[C++-sig] Re: Cross module inheritance failing with the Intel compiler on Linux

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 18:19:10 CET 2004

--- David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote:
> Did you test this with Intel 7.1 by running the Boost.Python
> regressions?  I'd be surprised if it worked; I could've sworn it was
> the first thing I checked when trying to solve this problem.  IIRC we
> still have problems with exception handling.

I just re-did the tests with Intel 7.1 (using my type_id.hpp patch) and they
all work except for crossmod_exception.py, as you expect.
At the moment I am thinking:

  - Mike's example tells us that we should be using BOOST_PYTHON_TYPE_ID_NAME

  - BOOST_PYTHON_TYPE_ID_NAME does not affect EH

Correct?

As an aside, I am also thinking that Intel 8.0 works for Mike's example because
it defines __GNUC__ which leads to BOOST_PYTHON_TYPE_ID_NAME being defined.
Does this make sense?

Ralf