[C++-sig] Re: a working example of wrapping an instantiated c++ object

Yao Heling yaoheling at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 16:30:39 CET 2004

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 09:26:51AM -0500, David
Abrahams wrote:
> Two questions remain:
>
> 1. Does it work?

Yes. At least it passes the attached python test.

> 2. Is the test/ directory really the right place for
this?
>    That's not really supposed to be a repository of
helpful
>    examples.  Maybe this should go in the tutorial
instead?

Maybe test dir is not really the right place for this.
I just want to
put it somewhere centralized, so that people can find
it easily.
Tutorial would be a great place (or an example dir
somewhere with the
distribution so people can contribute more examples;
not all python
folks are good at c/c++ and I believe very small
examples do have a
place in boost::python). I spent hours searching for a
solution to my
very simple problem (wrapping an object), and I hate
anyone else to
repeat such efforts.

> This line is awfully long!  Code should be wrapped
at 80 columns
> or so.

Thanks for the hint.

Best regards,